Wolf Lure has canceled its summer season live performance season as a result of coronavirus pandemic considerations, the venue introduced Friday.
“For the primary time in Wolf Lure’s almost 50-year historical past, our summer season live performance season won’t come to fruition,” president and CEO Arvind Manocha mentioned in an announcement.
“Performances on the Filene Middle and Youngsters’s Theatre-in-the-Woods, scheduled to happen from Might by way of September, are cancelled as a result of ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.”
Ticketholders to summer season concert events will likely be supplied refunds or exchanges for reward playing cards.
Manocha additionally requested ticketholders to think about turning the worth of their tickets right into a tax-deductible donation.
“We’ll be again. We’ll be sturdy,” Manocha mentioned in a video assertion.
He introduced the institution of the Music Strikes Us fund, to proceed the venue’s music schooling collection, and mentioned that they’ll current as a lot digital leisure as they might.
Wolf Lure opened in 1971.
- Join WTOP alerts
- Newest coronavirus check ends in DC, Maryland and Virginia
- CVS rolling out 17 drive-thru COVID-19 testing websites in Maryland
- Bowser: DC might start phased reopening subsequent Friday
- How lengthy can coronavirus an infection final?
- Hogan: Md. sending 10,000 exams, different provides to assist native testing efforts
- Coronavirus sources: Get and provides assist in DC, Maryland and Virginia
Get breaking information and each day headlines delivered to your electronic mail inbox by signing up right here.
© 2020 WTOP. All Rights Reserved. This web site isn’t meant for customers situated throughout the European Financial Space.