John Munson/Related Press
In the end, fantasy managers can lastly begin basing opinions on precise 2020 NFL motion. With no preseason soccer and restricted media protection within the offseason, projections have felt significantly unsure. Happily, Week 1 offers us some precise data to work with.
This previous weekend cemented some offseason rankings and threw others for a spin. Whereas guys like Davante Adams and Christian McCaffrey scored as they had been anticipated to, others like Aaron Rodgers and Malcolm Brown vastly outproduced their ADP.
It is exhausting to base a lot on one week, nevertheless it’s what we have now for now. The whole lot is topic to vary because the season progresses, as the very best fantasy managers will relentlessly adapt. Contemplating what we all know of those gamers from Week 1 and earlier seasons, listed here are Week 2 positional rankings for normal leagues.
1. Lamar Jackson, Baltimore Ravens (at HOU)
2. Patrick Mahomes, Kansas Metropolis Chiefs (at LAC)
3. Dak Prescott, Dallas Cowboys (vs. ATL)
4. Drew Brees, New Orleans Saints (at LV)
5. Josh Allen, Buffalo Payments (at MIA)
6. Matt Ryan, Atlanta Falcons (at DAL)
7. Tom Brady, Tampa Bay Buccaneers (vs. CAR)
8. Russell Wilson, Seattle Seahawks (vs. NE)
9. Aaron Rodgers, Inexperienced Bay Packers (vs. DET)
10. Kyler Murray, Washington Soccer Workforce (vs. WAS)
11. Deshaun Watson, HOU (vs. BAL)
12. Baker Mayfield, Cleveland Browns (vs. CIN)
The highest 4 should not be stunning right here, and the fifth should not be both. Josh Allen was the QB3 in Week 1 after placing up 312 yards and two touchdowns by means of the air alongside 57 yards and one landing on the bottom towards the New York Jets. Now, he will get one other straightforward matchup with a Miami Dolphins crew that simply let Cam Newton run them over for 75 speeding yards and two scrambles for scores.
The weirdest prediction right here is probably going Baker Mayfield ending within the prime 12 after he ranked as QB30 in Week 1. However Mayfield goes from enjoying towards the Baltimore Ravens to…the Cincinnati Bengals.
Though Cincinnati solely gave up 16 factors in Week 1, that was to a Los Angeles Chargers crew with much less firepower. Baker and Co. may start their redemption arc in Week 2, particularly if Joe Burrow’s Bengals hold issues aggressive.
1. Ezekiel Elliott, Dallas Cowboys (vs. ATL)
2. Alvin Kamara, New Orleans Saints (at LV)
3. Christian McCaffrey, Carolina Panthers (at TB)
4. Dalvin Cook dinner, Minnesota Vikings (at IND)
5. Clyde Edwards-Helaire, Kansas Metropolis Chiefs (at LAC)
6. Joe Mixon, Cincinnati Bengals (at CLE)
7. Derrick Henry, Tennessee Titans (vs. JAX)
8. Chris Carson, Seattle Seahawks (vs. NE)
9. Raheem Mostert, San Francisco 49ers (at NYJ)
10. Josh Jacobs, Las Vegas Raiders (vs. NO)
11. Aaron Jones, Inexperienced Bay Packers (vs. DET)
12. Austin Ekeler, Los Angeles Chargers (vs. KC)
Raheem Mostert is the very best again in San Francisco. After an offseason spent trudging towards consensus and proclaiming that Mostert was being undervalued by ADP, Mostert proved his declare to the 49ers’ touches. In opposition to the Arizona Cardinals, he obtained 20 appears (15 carries and 5 targets) and turned them into 151 yards and one landing.
Nobody else on the crew bought over 4 carries or 5 targets.
Now, San Francisco heads to satisfy the New York Jets, who ought to show a a lot simpler protection to pry open. They gave up 27 factors to the Buffalo Payments in Week 1, and Mostert ought to be capable to comfortably present top-12 worth as a operating again in Week 2 if he continues to obtain the lion’s share of his backfield’s workload.
1. Davante Adams, Inexperienced Bay Packers (vs. DET)
2. Chris Godwin, Tampa Bay Buccaneers (vs. CAR)
3. DeAndre Hopkins, Arizona Cardinals (vs. WAS)
4. Allen Robinson, Chicago Bears (vs. NYG)
5. Keenan Allen, Los Angeles Chargers (vs. KC)
6. Amari Cooper, Dallas Cowboys (vs. ATL)
7. Julio Jones, Atlanta Falcons (at DAL)
8. Odell Beckham Jr., Cleveland Browns (vs. CIN)
9. Adam Thielen, Minnesota Vikings (at IND)
10. Tyreek Hill, Kansas Metropolis Chiefs (at LAC)
11. Stefon Diggs, Buffalo Payments (at MIA)
12. Robert Woods, Los Angeles Rams (at PHI)
DeAndre Hopkins was drafted within the second and third rounds of most 2020 fantasy drafts as many anticipated him to obtain fewer targets in Arizona’s Air Raid offense than he had in Houston. However Nuk obtained 16 targets, caught 14 of them and ended up with 151 yards.
This week, going towards a a lot softer secondary than the one helmed by Richard Sherman, Hopkins ought to get into the top zone and outpace the WR11 week he had in his first sport rocking Cardinal pink.
On the other facet of the spectrum, Odell Beckham Jr. and Baker Mayfield’s connection continued to disappoint because the star receiver solely caught three passes for 22 yards. However, once more, that was towards the Ravens. OBJ noticed 10 targets and that quantity ought to imply much more towards Cincinnati’s secondary.
1. Travis Kelce, Kansas Metropolis Chiefs (at LAC)
2. Mark Andrews, Baltimore Ravens (at HOU)
3. Zach Ertz, Philadelphia Eagles (vs. LAR)
4. George Kittle, San Francisco 49ers (at NYJ)
5. Tyler Higbee, Los Angeles Rams (at PHI)
6. Darren Waller, Las Vegas Raiders (vs. NO)
7. Hunter Henry, Los Angeles Chargers (vs. KC)
8. Jared Cook dinner, New Orleans Saints (at LV)
9. Noah Fant, Denver Broncos (at PIT)
10. Hayden Hurst, Atlanta Falcons (at DAL)
11. Dallas Goedert, Philadelphia Eagles (vs. LAR)
12. Jonnu Smith, Tennessee Titans (vs. JAX)
George Kittle sprained his knee towards the Cardinals in Week 1 and nobody is aware of what which means, exterior of a preemptive questionable tag on the celebrity. However you are clearly beginning him if he is wholesome, alongside the opposite marquee tight ends.
With the remainder of the group, every little thing seems like a dart throw. Noah Fant and Jonnu Smith every proved on Monday night that they play legit roles of their offense (every posting 6-plus targets and one landing), so that they have excessive probabilities to push into snug starter territory in Week 2 and past.
1. Justin Tucker, Baltimore Ravens (at HOU)
2. Harrison Butker, Kansas Metropolis Chiefs (at LAC)
3. Wil Lutz, New Orleans Saints (at LV)
4. Mason Crosby, Inexperienced Bay Packers (vs. DET)
5. Greg Zuerlein, Dallas Cowboys (vs. ATL)
6. Jason Myers, Seattle Seahawks (vs. NE)
7. Daniel Carlson, Las Vegas Raiders (vs. NO)
8. Jake Elliott, Philadelphia Eagles (vs. LA)
9. Zane Gonzalez, Arizona Cardinals (vs. WAS)
10. Younghoe Koo, Atlanta Falcons (at DAL)
11. Robbie Gould, San Francisco 49ers (at NYJ)
12. Joey Slye, Carolina Panthers (at TB)
Mason Crosby is rostered in simply 23 p.c of Yahoo fantasy leagues, and that’s more likely to change by the beginning of Week 2. If the Inexperienced Bay Packers offense is as harmful because it confirmed in Week 1, the veteran Crosby could have considered one of his place’s highest flooring for fantasy.
1. San Francisco 49ers (at NYJ)
2. Buffalo Payments (at MIA)
3. Chicago Bears (vs. NYG)
4. Kansas Metropolis Chiefs (at LAC)
5. Arizona Cardinals (vs. WAS)
6. Baltimore Ravens (at HOU)
7. Seattle Seahawks (vs. NE)
8. Los Angeles Rams (at PHI)
9. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (vs. CAR)
10. Minnesota Vikings (at IND)
11. Inexperienced Bay Packers (vs. DET)
12. Cleveland Browns (vs. CIN)
Like Crosby and the Packers, the Arizona Cardinals confirmed a brand new facet to them in Week 1. After ending as a disappointing protection in 2019, Arizona held the NFC champion 49ers to 20 factors of their season opener.
The 49ers did not have any true pass-catchers within the matchup, and the Washington Soccer crew solely has one: Terry McLaurin. The battle between McLaurin and Arizona’s secondary, which seemed a lot improved in Week 1, shall be hotly contested. However the Cardinal protection is more likely to publish a fantasy rating in Week 2 that makes being rostered in simply three p.c of leagues look foolish.