Epic Games have rolled out their v15.30 update for Fortnite, adding three new exotic weapons to the battle royale as well as a new LTM, and a whole host of new cosmetics.
One thing that has always set Fortnite apart from it’s battle royale rivals are the regular updates that Epic Games roll out. They’ve slowed a bit since the move to Fortnite Chapter 2, but the updates are still welcomed.
On February 2nd, the devs rolled out another decently sized update, adding further to the Hunter’s theme has encapsulated Fortnite Chapter 2, Season 5.
That includes three new weapons, a Mando’s Bounty LTM, as well as a decent number of bug fixes too. So, without any further ado, let’s get into the changes.
New weapons: Burst Quad Launcher, Frozen & Chug Cannon
Keeping with the growing number of exotic weapons in Fortnite Chapter 2, Season 3, Epic Games have added three new weapons – the Burst Quad Launcher, Frozen SMG & Chug Cannon.
Starting with the latter there, as the name suggests, the Chug Cannon works like the Bandage Bazooka where teammates can be healed by the weapon.
The Frozen and Burst Quad Launcher are heavy hitters though. The pair of them will deal some nice damage, 35 and 42 respectively, while the Frozen has an alright reload time of just a shade over two seconds.
Mando’s Bounty LTM
The Mandalorian has also recieved some love in this update. Sadly, the previously rumored cosmetics have not been released, but he has got his own limited-time mode.
“The best hunter in the galaxy wants to prove himself—against you. Challenge other players to see who can score credits the fastest,” the description reads. Take out bounty targets for extra credits and eliminate specially-marked hunters for high-tier loot.
“When the Mandalorian enters the match, he will hunt down the player with the most credits. You can get to the top but can you stay there?”
Fortnite v15.30 bug fixes
Finally, the bug fixes. These can be found on Epic’s Trello board before the update goes live, so we can always get a sense of whats being fixed.
This update has a decent amount of changes for each mode for battle royale, Save the World, and Creative – including the return OG Bear vehicles.
Here is the full list of bug fixes coming in v15.30:
- Difficulty editing Banner with a controller.
- Long loading screen after completing a session on PlayStation/Xbox.
- The Child Back Bling blocking vision when players aim down sights.
- Jumpshot Outfit missing its facial hair.
- Sound effect audio delay.
- Matchmaking doesn’t start if an unreadied player leaves early.
- Receiving damage mid-air when falling inside a car.
- OG Bear vehicle temporarily booted.
- Zero Point healing effect temporarily disabled.
- Game freezing when going to the Compete tab on PlayStation/Xbox.
- Prop holograms become invisible in certain situations for Xbox Creators.
- “Devices” and “Prefabs” tabs swapped when viewing the Creative Inventory.
Save the World
- Locating a Durrr Burger not counting towards the “Locating: Burger Break!” Ventures quest.
- Eliminating Takers not counting towards the “Eliminate: They Came from the Mist” Ventures quest.
Mobile Top Issues
- Motion Axis setting stuck on “Roll” on Nintendo Switch.
- RT/LT Triggers on Xbox Elite controller on Android.
Image credits: Epic Games