What would the first round of the 2020 NFL Draft look like if it happened today?
Now’s the appropriate time to take in everything we witnessed during the NFL season and re-examine the 2020 NFL Draft.
Careers aren’t made or broken after one season, but factoring in rookie years and projecting forward, let’s piece together a redraft for the 2020 class.
Some redraft guidelines:
- All rookies from the 2020 class (including undrafted free agents) have been removed from their respective NFL rosters and are free to be selected.
- If a rookie is not included in the top 32 here, they would revert back to the round in which they were originally drafted and to the team that picked them. Original first-rounders not included in this first round would stay with their current teams too.
- All veteran transactions made during the 2020 season are intact.
- The below selections are what I would do as the GM of every team (while considering coaches’ schemes, etc.), not what I think the GMs of each teams would do.
- The draft order is based on the real order on April 23, 2020, before the draft began.
2021 NFL Mock Draft: Bengals Select DeVonta Smith at No. 5